Monday 22 October 2007

Strangers in bed together

So there we were, sitting on the bed together like a pair of strangers who'd suddenly found themselves in this situation. I don't think either of us knew what to do next! I was worried that I was going to hurt her - Ann screamed once before her hysterectomy - and every now and then I remembered that and... Shit; it had happened again. The Tower of Pisa became a gherkin.

I asked Ann if she'd mind me turning all the lights out and closing the curtains. She thought this would be a good idea! I needed some time with erotic thoughts to restore both manhood and ego. My usual nuns in fish-net stockings and suspenders seemed to have deserted me so I switched seamlessly to emergency plan B.

It's amazing how many times a good technical discussion can get you out of trouble. As I returned to the bed in the dark, I stubbed my toe on the bed post, uttered a barely audible Ow, and took up my original position beside Ann, taking her hand in mine.
"Pumpkin," I uttered lovingly, "Tonight has been the most wonderful night we've had since our first date. After all we've been through in the last ten years, I feel we just need a little time to re-discover each others bodies again - what do you think?"
All I heard was a sniff by way of reply and vaguely saw the ghostly effigy sitting beside me nod wisely, then...
"I think so too Pete," she murmured, "I don't know what you want from me anymore: we've had quite a few times in the last few years where neither of us got much out of it."
Now that hurt. I was on the verge of defending, justifying and attacking when I realized that her hand was resting on my thigh with the gherkin steadily climbing the tower. I recalled one of my bosses saying that I was 'objective orientated' and thankfully that talent shot to my rescue now.
"As this is our first date then, shall we just spend a little time learning how to pleasure each other before the bonk?" I whispered with great sensitivity.
"What a great idea Pete; can I go first!" And with that practiced movement that I could never get the hang of even with the benefit of being able to see what I was doing, off came the bra and pants.

It was strange, but as I felt Ann lying there beside me in the dark, I began to feel progressively closer to her. I sort of felt me lying beside her as well as the other way round. We weren't touching physically, but I could feel her body heat; we weren't talking, but we were communicating. I'd never experienced anything like it before, I only knew that I wanted it to go on and on. And the mad thing was that I instinctively knew that Ann was feeling exactly the same and didn't feel the need to break the spell by checking it out.

I don't know how long we lay like that before things got really weird. In my minds eye I saw myself looking down upon the bedroom scene, smiling a benevolent smile and sort of blessing this couple below. I've never felt so at peace or alive.
Ann said wondrously "I've just had an orgasm."
I said "How could you have done - I never touched you!
"I know, but I can assure you that I did: I've read somewhere that women with spinal injuries that are paralysed below the waist regularly have orgasms. I was feeling really close to you and it just sort of happened!"
"I know what you mean about the close bit" I admitted, "I felt that way too."

What followed has happened before (it's in the book). Before I've had the chance to get the filters in place to edit what I'm going to say next, it's out of my mouth leaving me to deal with the consequences.
"How much do we really know about how to turn each other on; not so much a component location guide, more of an 'it feels wonderful when you do this; oh yes, that's it.... oooh yes; a little bit gentler or a little bit higher..... ohmigod, yes.. yes.....YES. Do you know what I mean?"
"Do you really feel we can talk like that to each other like that Pete?"
"I'll give it a go if you will Pumpkin," and seconds later when we kissed, it felt like every nerve cell in my body was ringing loudly. I could hardly believe I'd been so openly vulnerable.

'I've never been so excited about going back to school,' I thought to myself, 'and why don't they teach you these things instead of all that crap that you'll never use again! Maybe the teachers don't know?'

Ooups, that's the door bell - so bye for now.

No comments: